Merseyside Police is committed to investigating any incident that may be classified as a hate crime. There are SIGMA (Hate Crime Investigation) Units in each of Merseyside Police’s policing areas i.e. teams of detectives exclusively investigating hate crime.
Hate crimes can be reported in a number of ways:
- For emergencies, especially where there is some imminent threat to your safety, always dial 999
- Anonymous online reporting to Merseyside Police can be done through this link.
- Another anonymous reporting system is to use Stop Hate UK, an independent charity which will pass details to the appropriate police force anywhere in the UK for investigation. You can speak confidentially to an advisor on freephone 0800 138 1625.
- For less urgent issues or to discuss general policing policy relating to the transgender community you can phone the Citizen Focus Diversity Team of Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010
- Finally, you can also email our chair, Tony, by clicking this link.