Established in 1966, YPAS (Young Person’s Advisory Service) is a charitable sector organisation, independent of In-Trust Merseyside, that supports children, young people and families. They have 3 locations in Central, South and North Liverpool.
Their mission is to improve the mental health and emotional well-being needs of children, young people and families in a non-stigmatized environment, that allows them to:
- Deliver a wide range of support and therapeutic interventions
- Reach children, young people and families as early as possible
- Consistently monitor progress and change
- Work jointly with professionals across health, education and social care
- Include children, young people and families in the design and delivery of services
- Ensure services and pathways are accessible
Their vision is to deliver services in an environment that allows children, young people and families to feel safe, valued, respected, included, and motivated.
Services provided by YPAS include:
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Service
Provides a wide range of therapeutic interventions that are designed to help clients address those issues that are impacting on their mental health and emotional well-being.
- Support Service
Provides a range of services that are designed to help clients with their practical issues: offering various group work programmes, drop-ins, and individual information, advice and guidance. Includes the popular GYRO and Trans Health Education (THE) Action Youth projects.
- YPAS Plus Community Hubs
Provides a range of services and links to health, education, and social care; supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing needs of the community.
For more information about YPAS, please visit their website.