St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are holding a Rainbow Picnic in Victoria Park on Saturday 3rd September, 12:00 till 5:00 pm.
Members of the public are invited to bring their own picnic, enjoy live music from local bands, and join in on the fun run. There will also be free face painting for the children, and a market place to gather the latest information from local agencies about what’s happening in the area.
It is intended that the event will:
- Provide an opportunity for engagement with the local LGBT community in St Helens which will enable St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust to build relationships and help them to understand needs.
- Bring together members of the LGBT community within St Helens to celebrate diversity, and reduce social exclusion.
- Tackle stigma and challenge homophobic hate crime.
- Provide support for LGBT members experiencing difficulties in the community.
- Encourage people to access relevant services.
- Raise awareness of equality and diversity issues faced by LGBT people
- Launch a LGBT monthly e-newsletter.